Monday, October 14, 2013

Find Vintage on Zibbet!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I decided to set up shop on Zibbet.  I still have my Etsy shop, but I think it's important to expand and, as they say, not keep all your eggs in one basket!  What I like about Zibbet is that it's an online marketplace for real handmade goods, but they are also a great place to find vintage, supplies and fine art!

I was actually reading online about the difference between antique and vintage.  One thing I read was that cars had to be at least 50 years old to be considered an antique, but that an official antique is at least 100 years old.  When it comes to vintage, most people consider vintage to be 20+ years old.  So all this time that I've said I love antiques (which I do!) I was also referring to vintage items!

I was browsing on Zibbet today and came across some great vintage finds from the shop AnyOldTime.


The first thing that caught my eye was this Vintage Gibson teapot!  It has a simple, but beautiful pink and green floral design in an Athens pattern with delicate hint of a bronze color on its handle, lid and spout.  It reminds me of home and of the teapots we used to have, as well as the Athens patterned dishware and spice jars we used so often.  http://www.zibbet.com/AnyOldTime/artwork?artworkId=1275303



I also came across these vintage blue and white Dutch family and windmill figurines.  When I looked at the details, I saw that they were made in Japan, and coupled with the blue and white colours and details it reminded me so much of these handmade plates we have with delicately drawn koi fish.  These small Dutch figurines of a family and windmills would fit perfectly on any mantlepiece.  http://www.zibbet.com/AnyOldTime/artwork?artworkId=1275289

2 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to find my vintage pieces here on your blog! Most of my vintage on Zibbet was found in estate sales in Chester County, Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous teapot :)
    I adore browsing through Zibbet's vintage section! I like how the selection is growing everyday.

    ReplyDelete